ASHEVILLE — The theme of our 2024 Creation Care Alliance Symposium is “Sacred Symbiosis: Relationships for Eco-Justice.” Our presentations, workshops and conversations will explore the relationships needed to build and nurture justice for all creation–human and non-human. We’re excited to dive in and learn together!
Hosted at Montreat Conference Center in Black Mountain, the symposium will begin on Friday, February 2nd, with a full day of workshops and conversations and will run through Saturday, February 3rd.
Our keynote speaker, Mary Crow of Indigenous Environmental Network (IEN), will speak on the 3rd.
Unlike past years, Friday and Saturday’s programs are open to all and will not be limited to clergy. We hope you join us!
- Early-bird discount. Register before December 4th to receive $15 off both days of the conference. If you attend both days, that is $30 savings!
- Group discount. Groups of three or more people from the same congregation are eligible for the group discount of $10 off both days of the conference. If your group attends both days, that is a $20 discount per person. This offer is open until the close of registration on January 19th. The link for group discounts can be found on the symposium registration page (follow the below link).
- Student discount. If you are a current student, you can attend the symposium for a fraction of the cost ($20 on Friday and $30 on Saturday). We hope you will join us!
Friday’s Proposed Workshops (the below workshops are still being confirmed and are subject to change):
- Get to Know Your Neighbors: The Trees of Southern Appalachia
- Transforming Food Systems as People of Faith
- Beekeeping as Creation Care
- Housing & Faith Communities: The Creation Care Connection
- Electrification & Solar: A Congregational Approach
- Community Organizing 101
- The Why & How of Seedsaving
- Creation Care in Worship: A Conversation for Clergy
Saturday’s Proposed Workshops (the below workshops are still being confirmed and are subject to change):
- Keynote by Mary Crow
- Success Stories from Congregations: Get Inspired!
- Working for Energy Justice
- Eco-Grief Ritual & Meditation
- Understanding & Protecting Your Watershed
- “Painting the Sacred” Workshop
- Supporting Local Farmers
- Planning Earth Day in Your Congregation: A Conversation with Religious Educators
- Creative Writing Workshop
- Guide to Creation Care 2.0 w/ Sarah Ogletree