It is easy to submit your contributions. You can place markers on a Knox County map and post your thoughts and concerns about each of those spots or areas. You may also comment on specific topics or fill in a general survey … as much or as little as you like.
Contributions from outside of Knox County are invited and welcome, too.
Hints: You may directly scroll down to the map and start by placing dots on the location(s) to which your first idea or comment pertains. Give it a short title for maximum effect.
Advance Knox is a comprehensive planning process that will guide land use and transportation decisions for the next 20 years. It will result in the next Knox County General Plan.
Here is a collection of excerpts from official statements released about the plan’s objectives over the past year.
The plan will:
- “Incorporate an in-depth analysis of our transportation network, including safety, capacity and multi-modal access;
- Analyze population growth projections, land availability and infrastructure conditions;
- Address community concerns about how development is impacting infrastructure throughout the county;
- Identify areas of Knox County that should be preserved and areas that are appropriate for new growth and investment;
- Guide smart public and private investments in infrastructure, as well as neighborhood and community development;
- Align land use and transportation goals to create a blueprint for the county’s future; and
- Guide decisions about where and how future growth occurs and where investments in infrastructure and services are made in the years to come.”
Images and slides from Advance Knox Ideas Week
Joomla Gallery makes it better. Balbooa.com
Video recording of the virtual public input workshop
Thank you for participating in Advance Knox.
President, Foundation for Global Sustainability
Member, Advance Knox Advisory Committee